Ten commandments of lizard ownership from the animals view.....
1) My life is likely to last several years or more. Any separation from you will be painful for me. Remember that before you get me.
2) Give me time to understand what you want from me.
3) Place your trust in me. It is critical for my well-being.
4) Don't be angry with me for long and don't punish me. You have your work, entertainment, and friends, and I only have you.
5) Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice.
6) Be aware of that however you treat me, I'll never forget.
7) Please don't hit or abuse me. I can't hit back, but I can bite and scratch and I really don't want to do that.
8) Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I am not getting the right foods, or I have been left in the sun to long, or my heart is getting old and weak.
9) Take care of me when I get old. You will grow old to.
10) Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say "I can't bare to watch" or "let it happen in my absence" Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember, I love you.